Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Food Allergies Make the Cover

The cover of Newsweek that is. Can't say I care for the picture. It's a little weird with a girl wearing a gas mask and holding a peanut butter sandwich and some milk. But the article seems good and informative. Too many times news articles don't do a good job of describing food allergies.

Here it is in case you don't plan on buying Newsweek this week: Fear and Allergies in the Lunchroom.

I don't think for people who have kids with food allergies it is anything enlightening but for those dealing with us FAMs (Food Allergy Moms) it is informative.

Who's the FAM in your life?

2 comments:

Kate Oliver said...

What a great article! I hope they find a cure soon. I have heard about using pinworms in people with IBS before- interesting stuff. Apparently it works wonders in a lot of people, but since there's no money in it for the drug companies, it hasn't been so widely researched.

In the meantime, I want to move to Connecticut.

Scener said...

There was nothing new in the article for me, either, but I'm glad that food allergies are getting serious media attention. Anything that helps spread awareness about how serious food allergies are will make ours and our kids' lives easier.

- Ruth of Allergizer