Sunday, August 26, 2007

Birthday Party

We went to a birthday party for a friend of Max's today, cupcakes and alternate foods in hand. It had been a fairly easy one to prepare for as I knew the Mom fairly well and her own daughter has food allergies so my questions weren't met with confusion or resistance. Max had a great time. It is unfortunate that such a social child should have food allergies. The kid just loves a good party!

I gave Owen a hot dog and some strawberries from a fruit salad while we were there. He got some hives around his mouth. I can't figure out why. New allergy? Cross-contamination? Later he had a loose stool and was running a fever. Continuation of allergic reaction? Illness? Food allergies are always a guessing game. Before he went to bed I gave him Benedryl and Tylenol. Just covering my bases.

No comments: